Re: [tor-talk] Mozilla Persona and Tor

15.07.2013 04:31, anonymous coward:
> Hello,
>
> I did not much understand the technical meaning of your posting, but the
> subject caught my attention. So I would like to ask, is there an issue
> with using Firefox personas and Tor? Do personas compromize Tor in any
> way? I use a persona with Firefox, it just looks nice and I don´t like
> the vanilla looking of Firefox.

I have to admit that this is probably the worst naming scheme Mozilla
could come up with.

The topic is about an authentication system, that Mozilla called
'BrowserID' which was renamed to 'Persona'. [1]

Now they got skins called 'themes' and lightweight skins called
'personas' [2] and an authentication system called 'Persona'.

According to Wikipedia [2] they want to call the 'personas' 'Firefox
Background Themes' to avoid confusion.

To my knowledge 'Firefox Background Themes' (still known as 'personas')
are fine as they are not like add-ons (aka extensions) which can bypass
Tor. I'm unaware that 'personas' would have any capability to mess with
the browser beside being a background image that is displayed on UI.

Best,
bastik

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Persona
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personas_%28Firefox%29