Re: [tor-talk] NSA, Tempora, PRISM And Company always know who is behind Tor?

On 19/07/2013 9:23 AM, Tom Ritter wrote:
On 19 July 2013 06:35, Ed Fletcher <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On a related note, does having (what I assume is) a serious percentage of
the Tor relays in the Amazon cloud make it easier for the NSA to compromise
anonymity?

I don't think a 'series percentage' of relays are in EC2.  I would
politely ask you to research that and prove me wrong if you feel
strongly about it.  There might be a serious percentage of bridges,
but even that is questionable.  (Related: Runa is giving a talk at
Defcon on the Diversity of the Tor Network, so hopefully that will be
a canonical answer to these sorts of questions once her slides go up
in a couple weeks.)

My mistake. I had thought that a bridge was a relay with extra functionality. I'll have to do some more reading. And thanks for the tip on the slides. I'll look for them after Defcon is done.

Ed