Re: [tor-talk] About Bandwidth rate, burst and observed.

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 01:23:27PM +0900, saurav dahal wrote:
> In atlas.torproject.org, I saw Bandwidth rate, burst and observed. Can
> anybody please explain these terms with the following example:
>
> Nickname  IPredator
> *Bandwidth values*
> Bandwidth rate: 1073.74 MB/S
>   Bandwidth burst: 2097.15 MB/S
>   Observed Bandwidth: 60.15 MB/S
>   Advertised Bandwidth: 60.15 MB/S

Atlas makes use of Onionoo as its backend and the semantics behind these
fields can be found in Onionoo's documentation:
<https://onionoo.torproject.org/protocol.html>

In particular, you are interested in the fields are "bandwidth_rate",
"bandwidth_burst", "observed_bandwidth", and "advertised_bandwidth".

Cheers,
Philipp