Re: [tor-talk] Benefits of Running TBB in a VM?

#1 -- Unless the malware breaks out of the VM. [1]

#2 -- Not true.  You're assuming the malware is looking at your IP
address and then reporting it.  Well, it may... but the act of
connecting to another server to report your IP address exposes your
actual public IP address.

BTW, 192.168.1.50 is *also* not the IP address assigned by your ISP,
it's a local NAT address given out by your router.  If you could hide
behind NAT, you'd already be safe :)

-- Mike

[1]http://www.darkreading.com/risk/hacking-tool-lets-a-vm-break-out-and-attack-its-host/d/d-id/1131254?