[tor-talk] about:tor

It is good that it is clean with not much on it, but I would like to see a better expansion of ways to help Tor.

==================================
You Can Help!

There are many ways you can help make the Tor Network faster and stronger:

    Run a Tor Relay Node » https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-relay.html.en
    Volunteer Your Services » https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en
    Make a Donation » https://www.torproject.org/donate/donate.html.en

To me the most obvious way to help Tor is by using it. If there is only one user, there is no anonymity possible. The more people who use Tor, the greater the anonymity. The number of exit nodes also needs to increase commensurately, but it is the users that gives Tor its anonymity. I would love to have someone file a FOIA request, or just ask MIT, exactly how many people other than Eldo Kim were using Tor at the time. My guess is the answer is "no one".

It is unavoidable that the Internet uses a unique source and destination IP address, but Tor breaks the association between source and destination, and really needs to become the default mechanism for all Internet traffic.

So I would start with "Use Tor". And a link to a page that gives examples of people using Tor, including both good and bad uses, and that could start out with, the more people who use Tor, the better.

--
Christopher Booth