Re: [tor-talk] GnuPG and Tor

On 7/16/14, Red Sonja
<BM-2cTpEdTADjx2bQf6WuuX1CPER78Sq3xL76@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rejo Zenger:
>> ++ 15/07/14 14:09 -0400 - grarpamp:
>>>
>>> And unless one by one with --recv-keys, keyserver sees your
>>> entire list at once.
>>
>> Which means: the only thing you are protecting (by using Tor when
>> updating your keychain) is the source IP-address for the refresh, e.g.
>> your location.
>
> So the whole GnuPG is antithetical to anonymity?

Not the whole. It depends how you use it.

There are tools for secure key exchange, persistence of cryptographic
identity, connection of cryptographic identity to real identity,
identity verification, message privacy, message verification and more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GnuPG

All tools can be used in wrong ways.

You must know how to use your tool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography