Re: [tor-talk] Fast and clean free provider for a couple of HTML pages

On 07/18/2014 03:47 PM, Red Sonja wrote:
> Mirimir:
>> Using "verbose tools" is only risky if those tools can see anything that
>> you don't want servers to see. At a minimum, Tor and those tools should
>> be running in an isolated system (at least a VM) that's never used for
>> anything that you want kept private. Better is to have the Tor client
>> and tools, apps, etc in separate VMs, as Whonix does.
>
> It does make sense. Thanks.
>
>> For WiFi, just change the Wireshark captures from eth0 to whatever your
>> system's WiFi adapter is called.
>
> Already did that. How do I translate the Chinese that is scrolling in
> that window?

There are many ways :) Learning to filter is key. For example, hit
"Expression" and look at the options under IPv4.

But for now, just do "Statistics/Conversations".

>> Also, working with VMs is a great way to learn, because at worst you'll
>> be just trashing a VM. You can start by creating a basic VM, running
>> updates, installing tools, tweaking, etc. Then do actual work with
>> clones of that basic VM. Starting over after trashing a VM just takes a
>> few minutes.
>
> Yea, but how do I make the VMs ignorant of the main machine?

Unless you're working with seriously hard-core malware, they are.