[tor-talk] Tor and tlk.io

Somebody told me of tlk.io. I have joined. I closed the window and when
I was back I already had all settings as last time. I cleared the
cookies and went back. I was like logged in, without ever logging in. I
closed the window, cleaned up everything the delete all data can remove
and 15 minutes after I reentered. I was still registered. New identity
had no effect either. I had to close down Tor and start it again to lose
the whatever that keeps identifying me.

What is this? How do they do it? Are there other sites like that?