Re: [tor-talk] I can't use tor in state university's campus network...

ttzeqq wrote:
> I am in US.What can I do?

The easiest way to bypass such a restriction is to select Configure when launching TorBrowser, select No when asked if you need to use a proxy, then select Yes when asked if the firewall only allows access to certain ports. Here are some screenshots to help: http://imgur.com/a/gjKYP

Patrick <apexcp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do a lot of universities block Tor?

This is usually a result of them restricting ports to 80 & 443 -- not actually trying to block Tor. Amusingly, this was also the case when I was doing a demo at the Tails launch party. Local network blocked all ports but 443 and 80. Awkward.

best,
Griffin