[tor-talk] Why does requesting for bridges by email require a Yahoo or Gmail address?

With the recent discussion about what your ISP can see when you use Tor,
I ended up on the Tor Bridges page. On that page is the following statement:

"I need an alternative way of getting bridges!

Another way to get bridges is to send an email to
bridges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please note that you must send the email using
an address from one of the following email providers: Gmail or Yahoo."

In light of the last year of disclosures by Edward Snowden, why is Tor
requiring that I establish an account with an email provider that is
completely out of my control and has a general history of complying with
law enforcement data requests? Why those two providers specically?

Note to conspiracy theorists: I am NOT intimating that Tor is in cahoots
with the government in any way and that's why they're requiring Yahoo
and Gmail so don't bother going there.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Cypher