[tor-talk] User views on lesser of 2 evils_Tor FAQ on using java script

How do some more advanced Tor users feel about pros & cons of leaving java script constantly enabled or selectively enabling it? The overall java script issue & advice given at different times in different places can get confusing.
From https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#TBBJavaScriptEnabled:

"There's a tradeoff here. On the one hand, we should *leave JavaScript enabled* by default so websites work the way users expect. On the other hand, we should *disable JavaScript* by default to better protect against browser vulnerabilities ( not just a theoretical concern!). But there's a *third issue*: websites can easily determine whether you have allowed JavaScript for them, and if you disable JavaScript by default but then allow a few websites to run scripts (the way most people use NoScript), then your choice of whitelisted websites acts as a sort of cookie that makes you recognizable (and distinguishable), thus harming your anonymity. "

Unless you're seriously hard core in how you use TBB (visit only sites KNOWN not to use JS), you're effectively forced into either * disabling js completely & not being able to use / see a lot of the net (even hard core news sites, etc.) - that's bad.
* selectively enabling js - which the FAQ says is also bad.
* leaving js on 100%.  Which is also said to be bad.

Yes, I understand what happens with & w/o JS, as to sites detecting info (if interested). The issue is being "...between a rock & a hard place." Seems we must make a choice: Whether more concerned about "some" sites detecting JS is DISabled, while others detect it's ENabled (& presumably, these sites are jointly owned, or all share info or 3rd party trackers are advanced enough to ID even a "stock" Torbrowser, from one site to another).

If one or more of the latter 3 scenarios isn't true (or something similar), then one site detecting JS is off & another detecting it's on, isn't an issue.

Seems the advice given in different areas may conflict. There are a good many advanced users not in favor of having JS enabled by default in TBB. Unless they *only* visit JS free sites, they're forced to selectively enable it, unless don't care about broken sites.

But, enabling JS allows sites (that try) to get FAR more browser / system info than if it's disabled.
So, is it, "damned if I do, damned if I don't?"