Re: [tor-talk] What are use cases made unpleasant by Tor's speed?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:45:33AM -0600, Mirimir wrote:
> On 07/27/2014 09:24 AM, Virgil Griffith wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > Any others that come to mind from anyone?
>
> I'm very intrigued by possibilities of multiple hidden services with
> fast HS-HS links via Tor. One use case would be the standard
> front-end/back-end website design. Another would be "smart"
> load-balancing proxies, which could detect and foil attacks such as
> DDoS, localization, and so on. Another would be full anonet-style
> darknets, using OnionCat or OpenVPN via Tor.

This might win from authenticated hidden services and then building shorter
circuits, since if the client and HS are controlled by the same person,
then preserving the client's anonymity *from the HS* rather than an
observing third party is less important.

--
Andrea Shepard
<andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>