Re: [tor-talk] problem with tor in linux mint 17

You might have already tried this, but have you tried just reinstalling
Tor? Since your Tor is out of date, it's probably a good thing that it's
stopping you from connecting considering the recent issues with OpenSSL.

If you're building it yourself, you should just purge your existing configs
and rebuild the latest version. However, if you don't update it regularly,
I would recommend using Tor Project's repo for Debian / Ubuntu, although I
can't confirm that they work on Mint the same as they do on Debian /
Ubuntu, but they "should"

Setup the Tor Project repo and install from there:

https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en

Hope that helps.

--

Ben