Re: [tor-talk] problem with tor in linux mint 17

Ok, I had to install from sources, not the bootstrap is completed. Firefox can successfully connect using tor as socks5 proxy. But if I configure tixati bittorrent lcient to use tor, I got an error about proxy auth failed. Here is the tor log:

Jul 28 15:39:24.000 [warn] Socks5 username/password version 5 not recognized; rejecting.
Jul 28 15:39:24.000 [warn] Fetching socks handshake failed. Closing.

Im using tor just to connect to the http trackers, because my ISP has bloqued connections to all torrent trackers, not to hide my IP. Once I get a connection to a tracker, I manage connections to client directly.

--
Roger D. Vargas
Your mobile phone has more computing power than all of NASA in 1969.