Re: [tor-talk] help needed to stress-test an onionbalanced HS - everyone is invited

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:10:03PM +0200, Frédéric CORNU wrote:
> running :
> watch -n 20 wget -O /dev/null http://eujuuws2nacz4xw4.onion/

I should point out that this approach should do one rendezvous with the
onion service, and then re-use that circuit for each following request,
until the circuit fails at which point it builds one more and repeats.

While normal Tor circuits expire 10 minutes after the activity started,
circuits to onion services expire after 10 minutes of inactivity. We
chose that difference because the rendezvous process is so expensive
relative to normal Tor circuits.

A better approach here would be to flush the circuits and hidden service
descriptor between fetches -- the onionperf tools that various folks
are working on has code for this I think. But it would indeed be more
complex than what you are doing here. :)

--Roger