Re: [tor-talk] pdf with tor

Hi.

On 07/03/2015 09:43 PM, mtsio wrote:
> If you to Preferences->Applications->Portable Document Format there is
> the option 'Preview in Tor Browser' that opens the PDF without opening
> an external application. What's the problem with that?

I'd echo this advice from the TBB download page:

    Don't open documents downloaded through Tor while online

    The Tor Browser will warn you before automatically opening documents
    that are handled by external applications. DO NOT IGNORE THIS
    WARNING. You should be very careful when downloading documents via
    Tor (especially DOC and PDF files) as these documents can contain
    Internet resources that will be downloaded outside of Tor by the
    application that opens them. This will reveal your non-Tor IP
    address. If you must work with DOC and/or PDF files, we strongly
    recommend either using a disconnected computer, downloading the free
    VirtualBox and using it with a virtual machine image with networking
    disabled, or using Tails. Under no circumstances is it safe to use
    BitTorrent and Tor together, however.

https://www.torproject.org/download/download

hope you are well
tim