[tor-talk] OnionBalance Hidden Service has over 1 million successful hits in just 3 days

Hi,

After little over 3 days of uptime, the OnionBalance hidden service
http://eujuuws2nacz4xw4.onion/ was successfully accessed over 1
Million times. There was no complaint in any of the running Tor instance
s.

Here are the counts of successful hits per each failback server (as
previously stated, I am using 5 separate virtual machines running
their own Tor instance):

Failback server #1: 199892
Failback server #2: 130329
Failback server #3: 278323
Failback server #4: 184836
Failback server #5: 291119
==========================
    *TOTAL: 1084499*

Zip archives of the Apache log files of each instance are available
here: https://www.sky-ip.org/onionbalance/

This does not mean that there were over 1 million unique clients (or
circuits). Some clients connected hundreds or thousands of times
through the same rendezvous circuit (Tor will keep a rendezvous
circuit to a hidden service alive and use that for as many connections
to that particular hidden service, unless the descriptor is manually
flushed and circuit killed).

I would be interested to know if there is any Tor control port option
which would allow me to query via telnet and ask regularly with a
cronjob how many rendezvous circuits it has (will run it on each
failback instance). This way, I can combine this info with the
webserver logs in order to have an idea about the number of circuits
handled per instance and average number of requests per circuit. If
anyone has an idea how to do this, please let me know.

I want to thank everyone who contributed in stress testing this hidden
service, and please continue to do it, even harder if possible. I
still see no complaint or sign that anything is overloaded.

I know there are people who built scripts to make automated requests
to this hidden service (thanks!): please share them on the mail list,
with as much details as you can. The more we know about how the
requests were made, the better we can make out of these numbers.

Have fun stress testing even more!