Re: [tor-talk] evidence that Tor isn't "amoral"?

far be it for me to agree with Juan, but "amoral" is usually taken to mean
"without regard for or understanding of morality": a geeky example would be
Galactus, who devours entire worlds without any real knowledge of who lives
on them, whether they are "good" or "bad," etc. he hungers, he needs to
eat. predator animals can be viewed this way too: the lion doesn't get to
decide to become a vegetarian. "nature" writ large is amoral.

I believe the word you are looking for is "immoral," "doing something you
know is wrong [or even just illegal] & doing it anyway"

one might argue (people do on this list frequently) that Tor itself is
"amoral" (exists without regard to morality), but the uses you and your
friend are concerned about are what is usually called "immoral" (I am not
saying this is true or not true, just talking about word meaning here.)