Re: [tor-talk] Outage of meek-azure (workaround)

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 09:08:42PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> A few hours ago the meek-azure CDN endpoint stopped working and is now
> serving an error code 403. The outage is caused by an error in account
> management and I think it will be temporary. I am talking with support
> about it now.
>
> What happened is Microsoft transitioned users from one kind of sponsored
> account (Microsoft Azure Pass) to another kind (Microsoft Azure
> Sponsorship). While I created the new sponsorship account, I did not
> realize that you had to separately transfer all your services to the new
> account. The old account finally expired today and the services abruptly
> stopped working.

I'm still working on getting the old CDN settings moved to the new
account :(

But I set up a new endpoint under the new account, and it seems to be
working. You just have to configure it manually.

On the startup dialog, click "Configure". (Or if Tor Browser is already
running, click the onion icon and then "Tor Network Settings...".) Check
"My ISP blocks connections to the Tor network" and click the "Enter
custom bridges" button. In the box, enter the line:

meek 0.0.2.0:3 A2C13B7DFCAB1CBF3A884B6EB99A98067AB6EF44 url=https://az786092.vo.msecnd.net/ front=ajax.aspnetcdn.com

Here's a screenshot of the screen you should be seeing. The only
difference is you will enter the bridge line above instead of what the
screenshot shows.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Howtochangethefrontdomain

If you're curious, the only thing different in the bridge line above
compared to the default meek-azure configuration is the url. It replaces
https://az668014.vo.msecnd.net/, the currently broken CDN endpoint under
my old account, with https://az786092.vo.msecnd.net/, a new CDN endpoint
I just set up under the new account.