Re: [tor-talk] Historically speaking, what was the U.S. navy /military

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Cari Machet <carimachet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Subject: Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for sites hiding on Tor
> another great reason no one should talk about let alone think about
> building new/different shit

Exactly. I mention network fill / chaff on occaision. It could be completely
useless against correlation attacks by GPA's. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't.
Maybe people are too busy to read about, think, or develop it, myself included.
No worries, maybe we'll get to it sometime :-)
But when the first thing people say about it is "OMG Bandwidth",
that just proves they're not thinking outside the box.
In this game you have to think outside the box.

Anyway, one suggestion though... The continual grind over US Govt
funding / origin is far beyond old and repetitive.
If a really good FAQ doesn't already exist, someone should put
together a wikipage as an exhaustive FAQ on the USA topic.
And probably pages on other FAQ's too.
And perhaps we could all get better at punting the FAQ
links out in reply rather than getting trapped in rehash.
And if something genuinely new is asked, add it to the FAQ.

Even mentions and repeated topics do bring out or advance
new things, so punting to FAQ can't be the only answer.

FWIW, it was a good question and prompted some interesting
answers. Whatever blew up after that I ignored :)

(And I don't mind when people reply to my babble with links
or killfile me, which I'm certainly worthy of, lol).