Re: [tor-talk] Tor Project Corporate Document FOI Request

In U.S. Federal law, the statute is at 5 U.S.C. 552 (choose from 2 URLs: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collectionUScode.action?collectionCode=USCODE&searchPath=Title+5%2FPart+I%2FChapter+5%2FSUBCHAPTER+II&oldPath=Title+5%2FPart+I%2FCHAPTER+5&isCollapsed=true&selectedYearFrom=2014&ycord=969 or https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collectionUScode.action?collectionCode=USCODE&searchPath=Title+5%2FPart+I%2FChapter+5%2FSUBCHAPTER+II&oldPath=Title+5%2FPart+I%2FCHAPTER+5&isCollapsed=true&selectedYearFrom=2014&ycord=969). Some corporations are under it but only if they happen to be government agencies, defined inclusively; in one case, a parking lot organization was ruled to be such an agency because of its funding. But, generally, private organizations, including most nonprofits, are outside of section 552's reach. Many states have comparable laws, but, likewise, they probably are limited to government information. On the other hand, some of what the original poster wants are filed with government agencies and may be available there under these statutes regardless of what the Tor Project wishes.