Re: [tor-talk] EU Intel Property Office Report Hates on Tor, Bitcoin, Bittorrent, Goods Pirates and Models

@ flipchan

It's a bit like radio but without bribing the radio host to play certain music and ignore other music.

By bittorrent gives access to all music to everyone worldwide, without the interference of bribed radiohosts.

Everyone can then try whatever music they come across, and once they like it, then they go google who made it, become a fan, buy a CD, buy merchandise, go to concerts, use the music in youtube video's (and promote the music FOR FREE), more people like the music, and the artist sell more music.

@ conrad

It's good that they did not dive in with mp3. Afterall that opened up the path to more innovative technology. And that enabled the music industry to make even more money, since that technology is being used in their recording studio's.

Maybe bittorrent sites should listen to the music industry and ban all music that comes from the industry, and only host music that is not affiliated with any record label. (Music from free musicians)

Then wait how long it takes until they start to ask themselves if this is really what they wanted.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  Time will tell.  I have a feeling that says that will come back to that decision.

The industries, business model just does not include all possible modern technologies, it is extremely limited to technologies that are "proven trough time" And they are so large and slow that they cant react at the pace this world is moving.

A flock os starlings can move direction in a split second without any damage, a dinosaur will be missing the corner, and things will break.