Re: Exit policies by site?

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:39:00AM -0700, Bob wrote:
> I can see that this could be a slippery slope to go down, could be
> seen as censorship, BUT, is there anyway to set up exit policies that
> reference ip addresses or fqdns?

Sure, you can accept or reject by IP address or net block, as well as
by port. See the ExitPolicy entry in the man page for details (a copy
is at http://tor.eff.org/tor-manual-cvs.html)

(You can't do it by fqdn, because most Tor clients will ask for
destinations by IP address, and it's impossible to know whether
*.badsite.com matches a given IP address or not.)

> If I can't tighten up my exit policy the way I want to, I'm gonna
> have to be just a middleman, and then I can't get the bitchin'
> t-shirt...

:)

--Roger