[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Installation problem (fingerprint, could not bind to port 9050)
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Installation problem (fingerprint, could not bind to port 9050)
- From: Hanno Kaiser <hfk@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:24:22 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:24:36 -0400
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Upon installing and a running the latest tor server (OSX 10.4), I get
the following message in notices.log:
Jun 26 12:52:22.326 [notice] Tor 0.1.0.10 opening log file.
Jun 26 12:52:22.326 [notice] Initialized libevent version 1.1a using
Jun 26 12:52:22.328 [warn] connection_create_listener(): Could not
bind to port 9050: Address already in use
Jun 26 12:52:22.329 [err] options_act(): Failed to bind one of the
Jun 26 12:52:22.329 [err] init_from_config(): Acting on config
options left us in a broken state. Dying.
Tor also fails to create a fingerprint file in /Library/Tor/var/lib/tor.
Note that I uncommented the following lines in the torrc file:
Port forwarding is enabled for all of the above ports. The server is
visible to the world through dyndns.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hanno