tor+torbutton without privoxy doesn't work

hi,

I had installed Tor+Privoxy on my Mac, but Privoxy started pissing me
off. I uninstalled Privoxy and Firefox with Tor didn't work - I got the
"The proxy server is refusing connections" error. I uninstalled whole
pack, restarted my computer, installed only Tor and Tor-startup package,
updated Torbutton. I changed config in Torbutton not to use Privoxy and
I still get the same error... I cannot use Tor... Can I use Tor without
Privoxy? Is it possible?

thanx in advance,