Re: Tor,security and web-usability - Sorry, now readable with line-breaks...

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 04:35:49AM -0700, Ringo Kamens wrote:
> You should have a firewall set up that only lets firefox/privoxy connect to
> 127.0.0.1, that way you can be sure it isn't leaking anything.

You could extend this philosophy to say nothing but Tor may traverse the
firewall.  It would be interesting to see what impact such a strict rule
would have on the average Internet-connected PC.

Of course many of the applications that talk could be Torified but this
is only effective if the payload of the conversation doesn't reveal
sensitive information.  If the payload says "My IP is foo and this is
what I'm doing", then Torifying it is counter-productive.