Re: Tor 0.2.0.2-alpha is out

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 12:00:06AM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>   o Major features, server usability:
>     - New config options RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst:
>       a separate set of token buckets for relayed traffic. Right now
>       relayed traffic is defined as answers to directory requests, and
>       OR connections that don't have any local circuits on them.

Hi folks,

Can people try these out and give me feedback?

If you run a Tor server and also use it as a client, these options are
for you. Just replace your current BandwidthRate and BandwidthBurst
settings in torrc with RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst, and
Tor should magically start working better for you -- it will rate limit
traffic from other people but not limit your own traffic.

Thanks,
--Roger