Re: [ANNOUNCE] ROCKate Tor LiveCD V0.4.0.0

On 21.06.2007 14:49:15, Ringo Kamens wrote:
> Okay, so it's not GPL. Does it include any kernel level code? Because if it
> does, I don't want to get into the whole distribute-non-GPL-kernel-modules
> hell.
>
> It's not GPL, but it grants the same freedoms and all the source is
> available. I think it has some kernel-level code. However, it doesn't
> modify the kernel at all I don't think. They have deb packages for
> ubuntu under x86 and 64, and you can compile it yourself for the
> distro-specific version.

http://kororaa.org/index.php?entry=entry060512-160752

Nope, don't want to get into that trouble at all. I can easily make it
possible to use truecrypt if it's installed, but unless Linus and the FSF
themselve say that it's legally okay to distribute non-GPL compiled kernel
modules I won't include it in ROCKate. Sorry.

Greetings,
	Benjamin
--
Play Nethack anywhere with an x86 computer:
	http://www.crash-override.net/nethacklinux.html