Re: Switching to 2.x

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 06:27:38AM +0200, Marco A. Calamari wrote:
> I never see here (my fault?) any discussion/suggestion
>  about how/when/why switch from Tor 1.2.x to 2.x.
>
> Someone can point me to any resource or give some information ?

Tor 0.1.2.x is still the official Tor stable branch.

The Tor 0.2.0.x tree is still in development, meaning we keep putting
out new releases and then finding neat bugs in them the next day, then
waiting another week before putting out another development release that
fixes those bugs but uncovers new ones, etc.

So if you want to run a Tor and have it be very solid, the 0.1.2.x branch
is still your best choice.

If you want lots of new features, and a few surprising bugs, then use
the newer one.

See also https://www.torproject.org/download#packagediff

--Roger