Re: Is tor-resolve required to run an Exit node.

Hi,

dante wrote:
I'm reading the tor code and (if I've understood it) it looks like the
"tor" binary is sufficient for running either a relay or exit node. i.e. tor-resolve is simply an "extra" utility for the end user to do DNS
resolution via tor rather than via one's DNS server as defined in
/etc/resolv.conf.  (tor-resolve is the tor equivalent of nslookup).

Can someone confirm this?  Am asking because I want to be certain about
what binaries to include in this ramdisk image I'm buidling.

Your assumption is correct; you don't need tor-resolve in order to
run a server.

rgds
Marco