Re: automatic abuse replies

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:25:28PM +0200, nw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.7K bytes in 18 lines about:
: Question: Is there a script to automatically reply to these mails with
: the proposed "I am running a tor relay" mail? Parsing the XML part
: should be fairly straight forward, I think. Would this be a good idea,
: anyway? How do you handle these mails? Any best practices?

First off, thanks for running a relay. I didn't script the responses,
because I had to put them into the ISP's web-based ticket system.
However, I literally took the DCMA template and replaced the words in []
with the title of the work and the copyright claimant.  awk/sed are fine
ways to do this as well. This template may not be valid in your country.
People have been creating a more generic response template at
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorAbuseTemplates.

99% of the time there was no response from the ISP abuse dept, they
simply closed the ticket.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project