accessing freenode from an IP address that ran tor

Hello,

I need some advice with this situation: I can not get access to freenode irc servers. It says that tor exit nodes are banned, even if I stopped tor two days ago. Now I have mailed to them the PGP encrypted nick and password hash and so on.

What I want to know is: do I need to run tor everytime I want freenode access ? Because I just want to connect directly. And a second question: Does anybody have knowledge it those ip adresses ever get unbanned ?

Regards,
Teodor