Introducing Torfox 3.0.10

http://www.torfox.org/

Torfox is a mashup between Tor and Firefox. I’ve made changes to Firefox's source code, at the socket level, forcing all connections to be encapsulated with a Socks4 connection through "tor.exe". All DNS lookups are done with a piped call to "tor-resolve.exe" to prevent DNS leaks. There is no configuration needed for Tor. It's included in the installer. The browser will start and stop Tor automatically on a non-default port to prevent conflicts. I have uploaded the only changed source code files to http://torfox.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/source/3.0.10/ and the rest can be downloaded from Mozilla and the Tor Project. Just overwrite the corresponding 3 files in the Firefox 3.0.10 source tree with the 3 files from the Torfox SVN. It won't compile on anything but Windows until I replace the Win32 code with platform independent versions. It's possible, in theory, since Mozilla already includes their own runtime library with PR_CreateProcess(), PR_GetHostByName(), etc. If there is enough interest from the community and volunteers willing to help code or test then I'm willing to add any requested features or changes. Otherwise, I might just leave it as is because it works perfectly for my personal use. I'm not even sure anyone will see the benefit of this over the current Tor browser bundle but personally, I like not having to worry about Tor and it is probably a little more friendly to beginners (though it would need a huge warning about HTTPS). Feel free to contact me here or at torfox.org@gmail.com with any questions or comments.