Re: Introducing Torfox 3.0.10

Please let us know when you have your fixes in place.  I for one would like to have a look at it again.

I'm not saying having a Tor Fox's landing page back-ending into google is bad, I was implying that *IF* you're trying to get revenue from Google Ad-sense with Tor clients, it wouldn't work well...if at all.  Google is pretty picky about Ad-sense, and if you start to get too many clicks from the same IP (ie, a Tor router), then they'll mark your hits as false, refuse to payout, and possibly terminate your account.  You could do users a favor and just remove the ads.  :-)

Do you have any build instructions to go with this?
I looked at the SVN, and didn't see "glue" code that would bring this (FF, Tor, MSI creation, etc..) all together.
I would like to be able to build this myself, from source.

- Kyle

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Tor Fox <torfox.org@gmail.com> wrote:

Jacob wrote:
> What happens when you leave plugins enabled, they respect proxy connections and then it is unset?

They have no choice but to respect them. However, Java and Flash both have ways that still leak your IP so all plugins will be disabled along with _javascript_. I don't mean disabled with an option either. I'm going to hardcode the changes so it's impossible for them to become active.

> I think it's pretty unethical to explicitly make money by using a _tracking_ technology to profit from users who _explicitly_ do not want to be tracked.

I think you're overreacting just a little. It is ultimately just a browser landing page, not much different from the default Firefox homepage and any _javascript_ that Google tries to load will be ignored just as if you were loading from google.com directly. If you can give me an actual example of how my page is any worse than Google.com then I will fix it ASAP. Otherwise, I don't see an issue.