Re: eliminating bogus port 43 exits

Hey Scott,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Scott Bennett<bennett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I replaced the "ExitPolicy accept *:43" in my torrc file with the
> following:
>
> ###---Limited list of allowed whois exit addresses
> ExitPolicy accept 192.103.19.12:43      # whois access to whois.6bone.net
> ExitPolicy accept 192.149.252.44:43     # whois access to whois.arin.net
<etc>

I would like to suggest a functionality to make this a bit more easy:
Add support for dnsbl's to determine the exitpolicy. I know this would
be non-trivial to implement, especially given the possible abuse
scenario's and the fact that exitpolicy's are currently published in
the directory, but it would be great to have universal "known good"
and "known bad" destinations that exitnodes could use.

Greets,

Nils
--
Simple guidelines to happiness: