Re: eliminating bogus port 43 exits

Scott wrote:
> There is a distinction between looking at things like packet headers and looking at payload data.  The former is acceptable and necessary at times for proper system and/or network administration, whereas the latter is probably not acceptable without a court order and may result in criminal liability in some jurisdictions.

I've already said "other than the legal issues that were already raised". Jon's exact claim was that "Sniffing the traffic at the exit node actually does
jeopardize the reason people are using this software in the first place." and that's what I was arguing against. I'm not a lawyer so I have no legal opinion on such matters. Since he didn't seem to be talking about the legal aspects of sniffing exit traffic, I figured my opinion was as good as his. I just don't like reading things like "sniffing exit traffic jeopardizes the reason people use Tor". I'm just trying to be constructive. Though, if it's illegal to do anyways then it's a moot point.