Re: eliminating bogus port 43 exits

Hello, Anon!
You wrote to or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:44:12 +0100:

> Of course, websites & organizations have the right to choose which ports
> they use for which services and open/close. Anyone trying to inflict
> that kind of system on any "internet" user community should STOP doing
> so immediately. Its called "port blocking" and its unacceptable.
>
> Therefore ALL traffic, on ALL ports, are LEGITIMATE traffic, regardless
> of whether they comply with IANA's list or not.

I agree more or less. But there are some concentrations of troubling
traffic on some ports such as 25. Blocking exit to these ports is a
compromise. It is not ideal -- good traffic is also lost in the
process and not all bad traffic is blocked. Tor exit node operators
that feel balance should be different can change their exit policy
accordingly.
Do you have better apporach?

Alexander Cherepanov