Re: Hetzner

thus Michael Gomboc spake:
| does anyone know about the legal situation in germany?
| i'm running a middle node. that should be no problem, isn't it?
|
| rg
| michael

So am I, running a middle node. However, for months now I'm thinking of
reverting it to an exit node as the situation that everyone runs a
middle node, but no one dares to run an exit node just lets TOR die.

Eugen's mail:

| I've used to run a Tor exit with Hetzner a couple years ago, which
| resulted in several tet-a-tetes with the local (Bavaria) police.

sounded very interesting. What was the reason for their visits?

The problem remains: No exit nodes, no reliable/fast/stable/anonymous
TOR. This has to be fixed, and the urgency to fix this gets stronger
every day (see geopolitical stuff, yallayalla).

Best,

Timo