Re: [tor-talk] EFF Tor Challenge

I hate to feed a troll, but many of us run relays that we monitor for
badness... it's hard to tell from your curt messages what exactly your
issue is or what your use case is. I'm certainly sure you're one of
very few people that have alleged Tor is coy about security. Maybe if
you laid your case out in more detail, with moderated rhetoric, we
could engage on substance. best, Joe

On Thursday, June 2, 2011,  <CACook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 1 June, 2011 18:41:47 Marsh Ray wrote:
>> > - VirtualBox VM bridged to LAN still must share the LAN class C, and
>> > could potentially monitor internal traffic.   (And please don't
>> > quibble with me calling it a class C... they have to make up a name
>> > and stick with it.  I still call Nissan's a Datsun)
>>
>> No, you're factually wrong on the deeper point. The muddy terminology is
>> just a symptom.
>
> Yeah that's a big help.  I can take that to the bank!
>
> Look, I'm a real estate developer, not a coder.  OK?
>
> When I have something I can work with I'll consider a relay, but as long as everyone is coy about security, you will have trouble recruiting relays.  That's a fact, deal with it.

Joseph Lorenzo Hall
ACCURATE Postdoctoral Research Associate
UC Berkeley School of Information
Princeton Center for Information Technology Policy
http://josephhall.org/