Re: [tor-talk] ReachableAddresses *:* harmful?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 10:18:53AM +0800, Fernan Bolando wrote:

> In my torrc, in order to use bridges that uses ports other than 80,443
>
> Is it acceptable to simply use
> ReachableAddresses *:*
>
> or allowing only specific ports
> ReachableAddresses *:9001,*:8080,*:80,*:443

If you've configured your Tor client to use bridges, then you probably
want to allow it to reach all the bridges you've configured.

In that case "reachableaddresses *:*" is the right choice. In fact,
that's even the default. It shouldn't hurt anything in any case.

You should only change reachableaddresses if your local Internet
connection is firewalled by your ISP in terms of what destinations you
can reach.

--Roger