[tor-talk] cannot start tor after the 1st time

Installed tor on Linux Ubuntu 10.04 in Beijing, China. The 1st time everything
ran smoothly and connection to outside world is great! But after awhile there
was no connection any more so I tried to stop and restart tor, and got this
error message:

~/tor-browser_en-US$ ./start-tor-browser &
[1] 1953
~/tor-browser_en-US$
Launching Tor Browser Bundle for Linux in /home/XG/tor-browser_en-US
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are
supported

and tor failed to connect. I tried to remove the installation completely and
reinstall, but it still doesn't work. Help!