Re: [tor-talk] nesting proxies

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 06:47:17 -0400
0 <ypLxswPm8C24VUMt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Using firefox 3.6, vidalia, polipo, I'd like to know how to tunnel tor
> through another proxy, and further nest proxies. vidalia's proxy
> settings seem to mean proxy -> tor, because
> https://check.torproject.org detects that I'm using tor even though
> using a proxy. Since tor is blocked on certain websites, I'd like to
> tor ->  proxy [-> proxy -> proxy, etc].

This might be relevant,
https://www.torproject.org/docs/proxychain.html.en

I may be confused, but tor is still going to connect to the tor network
and build the circuit.  It seems you then want to tunnel another proxy
through tor so your final exit is from the other proxy.  If a vpn or
other proxy supports SOCKS, you can just point it at tor.

Sometimes I'll do ssh -D over tor, and point some apps at my ssh proxy
on tcp/1080. My traffic then appears from wherever my ssh proxy
terminates.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x74ED336B