Re: [tor-talk] IPv6

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 05:24:27PM +0200, proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Tomorrow (June 6) IPv6 is officially out there.
>
> And will still take years until most ISPs in most countries offer it.

I've had IPv6 at the co-lo for a year or two. Our fallback ADSL
line at work has had IPv6 for a while as well. I should have it
on cable modem at home this year or next. Mass rollout has begun,
actually. Don't forget mobile applications, especially in the
developing world.

> > What are the pros and cons of IPv6 regarding our privacy?
>
> Hosting bridges and relays will be easier, because less people are behind NAT. I hope for some more servers, there are probable a lot people who want to serve, and who are using the bridge/relay bundle, but unable to activate the port forwarding. Be it because of technical limitations, because of bugs (upnp not working) or because of lack of knowledge/motivation to do it.
>
> > Is Tor IPv6 ready?
>
> Someone else has to answer about the current status.
> https://bridges.torproject.org/ has at the bottom some info about IPv6.

I think it would be good to have alpha support for IPv6 by next year
or so.