Re: [tor-talk] [Bitcoin-development] Tor hidden service support

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Bernd <prof7bit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please show us the code of *your* competent solution for a portable
> Tor-using software on an USB key that can simply be plugged into any
> Windows, Linux or Mac PC and then just works.

Portable apps bundle all runtimes that they need, but it does not mean
that a normal install needs tight coupling between the components. TBB
could install an independent, separately upgradeable Tor package, and
still satisfy the necessary security requirements. There is nothing
special about TBB (it's a glorified Firefox patchset) — the bundle
approach is the same old “thanks everyone else for investing the time
to create interoperable packages of your software, but now we are
going to create a solid bundle, because it's easier, and because we
are special”.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte