Re: [tor-talk] [ZS] Re: Can one make money running anonymity services?

On Saturday 30 June 2012 13:51:26 Jacob Schultz wrote:
> On 30/06/12 12:06, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> >> But are there anonymous payment tools in this days of control? I
> >> just
> >
> > Anonymous prepaid cards, or BitCoin over Tor would come to mind.
>
> Does anyone know a method of obtaining BitCoins anonymously, other
> than mining them yourself?

Receiving an anonymous payment is just a small part of the problem. The bigger
question is what services to provide.
*Services to totally anonymous users, e.g. Tor and remailers
*Services to users identified by some token, e.g. anonymous web hosting
*Services to users identified by real-life info
Once I have some services set up, I have to find customers or supporters. I
don't know if supporters will pay enough to keep a fast relay running. I may
have to get identifiable customers and run the anonymous services on the
side.

I've had a suggestion to run a rendering farm, but rejected it because it
requires lots of CPU power rather than bandwidth. I've also thought of
running a backup service or mirroring files for download. Any other
suggestions?