Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Hi Peter,

________________________________
 From: Peter Tonoli <Peter+tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 7:34 PM

On 6/18/13 11:51 AM, Cat S wrote:

> Stop with the fucking madness! Just make a real solution and be done with
> it! Otherwise, decrease the lag time between when a message is posted
on the
> mailing-list and when it reaches my inbox. I mean, what the hell?!
Why does
> it take so effing long for an e-mail to reach my inbox when it's been
up on
> the mailing-list for quite a while?! That's why it's so hard to use
> mailing-lists, there not instantaneous, so it's very hard to have a
on-going
> conversion.

Did you ever think that it's Yahoo that's creating the delay? I know for
a fact that Yahoo's frequently defers inbound email, for minutes, if not
hours.

> Mailing-lists suck Cartman's balls.

I can tell you what sucks. Logging onto multiple disparate discussion
forums, all with different credentials and unique user interfaces -
especially when there's no activity on them for hours/days.

Cheers,

Yes, I did think that it's Yahoo! that's creating the delay, but that's even the _bigger_ problem. The way I see it is many non-tech (newb) users of Tor use web-interface e-mail services, like Yahoo!, Gmail, etc. Now, I understood the problem was due to the mailing-list software of Yahoo!, or a mix of both, so even though I was pissed I understood. Most newbs are not going to understand, not that newbs would use a mailing-list in the first place . . .

In terms of "multiple disparate discussion forums" could we, for example, use these as examples?
Tor bug tracker
Tor blog
Tor mailing-list
Tor e-mail help
Tor phone help
Tor stack exchange page
Tor IRC server
. . . my point being the problem you propose is _already_ here, and newbs get to use practically none of those, except the blog (which gives them very little help), or e-mail or phone (but I'm sure those that operate those services would love a newb pressure release valve, aka "discussion forum.")

Thanks :)