Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM, adrelanos <adrelanos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> > AFAIK, there's no such solution at present, at least for something which
> > would effectively implement a mailing list allowing for active
> > participation and even moderation from the email side of things. But it
> > sounds doable, and might turn out to be a great benefit to the broader
> > world of open source and so on. A project idea? :)
>
> A new project for that wouldn't make so much sense. Rather using some
> well designed existing forum software and then adding this very feature
> looks more promising.

That's what I was thinking as well. But depending on the existing
software/tools at hand, the joint solution might involve some rather
hideous hacks; the result might be difficult to maintain / extend later on.
(I simply try to visualize the codebases for the forum software that I've
worked/tinkered on; ideally, the mailing list functionality would be a
clean forum plugin module, but writing a clean addon solution might end up
being a difficult task; but in the end, I've limited experience, so don't
know.) Though not necessarily of course.. I'll post a message if I find
something interesting along these lines / end up hacking an abonimation;
it's an interesting approach / line of thought for sure.