Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

Hi Webmaster,

________________________________
 From: Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Until there's a REAL effing way to communicate, that evey1 can use, I'm DONE

On 06/18/2013 05:42 PM, Cat S wrote:
> Hi Webmaster,
>

> ________________________________

And here in lies the issue...
  "A platform that everyone can use to communicate...Even though
everyone may not be happy about it"

I think email is a simple platform that everyone can use, even though
some people (you) may not be happy about it.

Just my 2c.

> In the case of mobile devises, which is  a great point, good forum software is written with small screens in mind, and some even offer a mobile URL (as does YouTube), e.g. instead of xyz.com, mxyz.com.
>
> I used my Blackberry world phone to post an a forum with >100,000 members, it's a huge forum, and my phone work just fine. E.g. many people post on forums were I'm very active via. taptalk [1] or smartphones directly, etc.

How do you define "everyone"? Certainly not to include newbs, at least not (nearly all) of the ones I help. Who found mailing-lists to be too much hassle, but find the idea of a forum very easy (as they don't need to learn any new software, they can use their browser or TBB).

We don't need all the techie and Tor people to spend time on the forum, but a small number would be okay, the key is adding 'badges' so users know who to trust. And, it's not like a Tor person or other trusted tech person has to answer every single question, or answer them the same day their asked.

It seems to me that some of the people who don't want to use forums claim things that just aren't true about forums (e.g. they're disorganized). Maybe some people have had bad experiences with forums, e.g. shitty software? A well operated and manged forum is an amazing thing.