Re: [tor-talk] Recommended method for updating an existing TBB

Hi,

I don't agree that changing settings in TBB/Firefox should be
discouraged; you may have meant this in regards to some specific
settings, but you'd have to elaborate for me to be sure. For example, I routinely enable the "Tell websites I do not want to be tracked" option.
Is this discouraged? Why?

Changing TBB settings and installing extensions is discouraged because it makes you stand out of the crowd. Sending DNT if nobody else using TBB does weakens your anonymity. The same goes for using ABP or other extensions that alter your requests.

Anonymity loves company.

Lutz

--
Opt out of PRISM, the NSAâs global data surveillance program.
Stop reporting your online activities to the American government