Re: [tor-talk] Craigslist now giving Tor the slows, lol

On 06/11/2014 08:38 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've looked at four CL sites:
>
> Here the distribution of every exit with a matching
> policy to one site, with its respective page time and
> 'getinfo ns/id/fp' weight. Exits sorted by page time.
>
> http://bayimg.com/nAodGAaFL
>
> The first 170+ with 0 time tor refused as 'unrecognized
> relays' even though policy permitted them. They might
> have been sleeping.
>
> The division of half the relays is interesting.
> If there's a better source for the probability each
> exit will be picked by a client I'd like to know?
>
> As is the sizable number of weight dropouts
> around the start of blocking near 120 sec.

Here's what I get for craigslist from my first test series. As noted, I
get information about Tor exit used using exit_used.py[1] and loading
times with "torsocks midori -s http://craigslist.org/";. I got blacklist
information for the exits from MXToolBox[2].

http://bayimg.com/kaOIOAafL

For three of the ten exits used (default client choices) in the first
test series, http://craigslist.org/ loaded in about eight seconds (30-50
Kbps). For the other seven, it took several minutes (~1 Kbps).

I don't see any obvious correlation with blacklist status.

[1] https://stem.torproject.org/tutorials/examples/exit_used.html
[2] http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

<SNIP>